Written by Mark Votava
After about five years of living in Downtown Tacoma, I started to become more curious about the poverty in our parish. I asked myself, “Who are the poor and what are people doing to be in relationship with them in our neighborhood?” I soon learned about the Tacoma Catholic Worker which was a few blocks from where I was living.
- 8 houses and a community garden all within one block
- Making space to be more present in everyday life
- Seeing Christ in the poor
- Moving to the Catholic Worker in September 2010
- A way of life based on simplicity, love, compassion, justice, and hospitality
- Making space within myself for the poor
Where do you find God working within you in your own context?
To learn more, check out his book.